World Federation of People Management Associations
The World Federation of People Management Associations (WFPMA) is an organization representing more than 450,000 people management professionals in over 70 national associations around the world.
Founded in 1976 by the European Association for People Management (EAPM), Interamerican Federation of Personnel Administration (FIDAP) and the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), it was established with five main objectives:
- To improve the quality and effectiveness of professional people management, and to demonstrate the importance of the HR role in all employing organisations, both public and private.
- To stimulate and assist in the establishment and development of regional and national personnel man-agement associations in those parts of the world where a continental or regional association does not exist.
- To create and maintain contacts with all WFPMA member associations as well as with other organisations which have some activity in the same or similar field.
- To support or represent personnel management associations in their contacts with world organisations such as ILO, UNESCO, the UN, etc.
- To commission or undertake research which will further broaden understanding of personnel issues.
Visit the WFPMA website for more information.